The Keysight 5518A laser head, used in Keysight interferometer systems, is similar in function to the more recently introduced Keysight 5519A Laser Head. It includes an internal measurement receiver, but it requires an external power supply. The Keysight 5518A is used primarily as the laser source in Keysight 5528A Laser Measurement system. It can also be used in place of a Keysight 5519A Laser Head when upgrading a Keysight 5528A system to a Keysight 5529A Dynamic Calibrator. The Keysight 5518A has a laser beam diameter of 6 mm, and offers a vacuum wavelength accuracy of ±0.1 ppm. The laser head uses a proven long-life laser tube with a demonstrated Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of greater than 50,000 hours of operation.
The Keysight 5518A is configured with appropriate optics and system electronics to build a laser interferometer system that meets the unique physical layout and measurement requirements of individual applications. The custom positioning system improves product quality, increases yields, and facilitates manufacture of precision products.
- Helium-neon, continuous wave, two-frequency laser
- Fast warm-up (typically four minutes)
- Internal measurement receiver
- Weight: 5.5 Kilograms (12 pounds)
- Magnetic Field Strength (Non-Operating): Does not exceed 5.25 milligauss at a distance of 460 cm (15 ft) from any point on the surface of the packaged Laser Head.
- Clearance Required for Cabling: 10.16 cm (4 in) beyond back
- Power Input Requirements: +15 Volts +/- -0.3 Volts at 25 Amperes maximum, -15 Volts +/-0.l3 Volts at 0.02 Ampere maximum
- Heat Dissipation: 23 watts during operation, 35 watts during warmup
- Maximum Beam Power Output: 1 milliwatt
- Minimum Beam Power Output: 180 microwatts
- Beam Diameter: 6 millimeters (0.25 inch) typical
- Vacuum Wavelength Accuracy (3 sigma, lifetime): 0.1 ppm
- Vacuum Wavelength Stability: Typical 1 hour: 0.002 ppm
- Typical lifetime: 0.02 ppm
- Nominal Vacuum Wavelength: 632.99137 nanometers
- Reference Frequency: 1.7 to 2.4 MHz for Keysight 5518As with serial number 2532A02139 and above, 1.5 to 2l.0 MHz for previous Keysight 5518As
- Industry-leading reliability