The Keysight E2050B LAN/GPIB Gateway provides low-cost access to GPIB instrumentation over an existing LAN. It allows the use of SICL- or VISA-based applications designed for GPIB over the LAN without modifying the application beyond a simple address change.
The gateway is a combination of hardware and SICL/VISA software. It uses client/server technology to extend the standard SICL/VISA functions to control GPIB instrumentation located remotely on the LAN. This gives you the opportunity to put your controller at an alternative, more convenient, or safer location. Therefore, you can go through the gateway instead of a GPIB interface card.
- Low-cost access to GPIB instrumentation via LAN
- Allows longer distance between controller and instruments
- Resource sharing - people and instruments
- Leverage your existing network and systems
- Distributed control of GPIB instruments
- Improved I/O throughput to maximize your system performance
- For complete details, click on the Data Sheet link.